MyPJ Joins GIAT to push public participation and Local Government Elections
- 2nd March 2018 civil-societies-call-for-key-institutional-reforms (Star)
- 2nd March 2018 ngos-want-political-parties-adopt-good-governance-agenda (Sun)
- 2nd March 2018 giat-offers-5-point-good-governance-pledge-to-ge14-politicians (FMT)
- 2nd March 2018 I write on behalf of MyPJ, to rebut the letter to the editor, by CG Tiong published in StarMetro on Feb 22 with the title “TOD and high-density living key to sustainable living”.
- Feb 6, 2018 – PETALING Jaya residents want the guidelines for transit-oriented developments (
TOD) to be displayed to the public. MyPJ, a coalition of 200 residents groups, is objecting to the high plot ratios allowed for TOD. They want the city council and the state to be transparent and forthcoming over the guidelines.
- Feb 19, 2018 – MyPJ, a coalition of 200 residents groups, objects to the high plot ratios for TOD in Petaling Jaya. The group formed a petition called #TolakPjTOD last week, in which public signatures are being collected to object to high-rise developments in the city which have been approved by MBPJ usingTOD as an …
- Feb 8, 2018 – With the rise of transit oriented developments (TOD), Petaling Jaya residents called on the state and the city council to be more transparent and forthcoming by making the guidelines for such developments available for public viewing. MyPJ representative Esham Salam said residents have a right to know …
- Feb 7, 2018 – PETALING JAYA: The Petaling Jaya City Council (MBPJ) has been accused of misusing its transit-oriented development (TOD) policy by allowing rampant development in areas surrounding public transport hubs in the city. The claim was made by a group of concerned residents calling themselves MyPJ, …
- Feb 7, 2018 – As an example, MyPJ taskforce leader Esham Salam said the council’s transit-
oriented development (TOD) policy is being misused. “We have launched the # TolakPjTOD campaign, in response to the lack of transparency in implementing TOD,” he said at a press conference today. TOD is an urban planning …
- Sep 21, 2017 – PETALING JAYA: MyPJ, a Petaling Jaya-based community group, is urging the Petaling Jaya City Council (MBPJ) to further engage the cityfolk in its budget preparation process by actively gathering input from them
14-September 2016 MyPJ Expectations of MBPJ Budget 2017 (Free Malaysia Today)
7-September 2016 – MyPJ comments on the dilapidated condition of Astaka Field (in response to Star article dated 6-September 2016)
9-July 2016 – MyPJ uniting for transparency
Stakeholder Meeting#1 – 18th June 2016
Press Conference #1 – 30 June 2016
13 October 2015
Public’s needs and feedback reflected in MBPJ’s plans for 2016.
15 September 2015
MBPJ should institutionalise monitoring of funds and have residents serve on committee.
1 September 2015
IT HAS been a long eventful Merdeka weekend, what with all the events happening — the Merdeka concert in Bukit Jalil Stadium, National Day parade at Dataran Merdeka and even the Bersih 4 rally.
14 July 2015
IT CANNOT be denied that a cloud of pessimism has descended upon the nation and the general public is experiencing hardship with the increased cost of living, the valuable time wasted on congested roads, and increasing intolerance resulting in mob violence in a shopping complex in Kuala Lumpur.
23 June 2015
BUKIT Gasing assemblyman Rajiv Rishyakaran recently organised the Budget 2016 Preparation Dialogue in PJ Live Arts centre, which attracted about 40 participants