Rasuah berlaku sebab sifat ‘pentingkan diri’
- 21 May 2021 Corruption occurs when we put our self interest before the society (Sinar Harian)
B40 mums hone their baking skills to make a living
- 12th May 2021 THE adage “teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime”appears to be the best solution to solve urban poverty.This was the approach MyPj, a coalition of Petaling Jaya residents associations and Rukun Tetangga, adopted to help 10 mothers from the B40 category at the Desa Mentari low-cost flats in Petaling Jaya.
They were taught how to bake cookies for a living. Chairman Jeffrey Phang roped in volunteer Stephanie Hu, 34, to conduct the training at the Pusat Aktiviti Komuniti Prihatin Desa Mentari.
“I saw how some of them, despite the challenges they face such as raising ill children, could still laugh and be happy when immersed in baking, ” said Hu. She was happy to share her recipes and techniques with these underprivileged mothers as she believes in empowerment. “They are motivated and creative. “Many of their spouses have lost their jobs and baking gives them additional skills with which to make money, ” she said.
Meanwhile, Clement Chen teaches coding to the children between the ages of 11 and 12. “We feel this is something important. “I know of some children who attended in the past but stopped because they saw no use for it. “I try to make learning coding fun. “It will boost their interest in maths and science, ” said Chen.
Phang said MyPj has started a soup kitchen which offers about 100 pax of food during weekends to residents at the flats. “We hope the authorities such as the Petaling Jaya City Council will work alongside us. “We could provide a safer and more harmonious environment for these residents together, ” he said.
Those interested in ordering the Hari Raya cookies can call 011-588 69879.
- PETALING JAYA: When Siti’s husband struggled to put food on the table with his roti john business, the mother of three took matters into her own hands. The 45-year-old housewife decided to take part in a baking business with other women in the neighbourhood, hoping to earn some extra cash for Hari Raya. Now, the smell of homemade butter cookies wafts unmistakably on the street outside Block 4 of the Desa Mentari People’s Housing Project …
- 9th May 2021 Baking Mothers (Video)
MyPJ Joins GIAT to push public participation and Local Government Elections
- 2nd March 2018 civil-societies-call-for-key-institutional-reforms (Star)
- 2nd March 2018 ngos-want-political-parties-adopt-good-governance-agenda (Sun)
- 2nd March 2018 giat-offers-5-point-good-governance-pledge-to-ge14-politicians (FMT)
Listen to voice of PJ’s community
- 2nd March 2018 I write on behalf of MyPJ, to rebut the letter to the editor, by CG Tiong published in StarMetro on Feb 22 with the title “TOD and high-density living key to sustainable living”.
Petaling Jaya folk in the dark over TOD guidelines – Metro News | The …
- Feb 6, 2018 – PETALING Jaya residents want the guidelines for transit-oriented developments (
TOD) to be displayed to the public. MyPJ, a coalition of 200 residents groups, is objecting to the high plot ratios allowed for TOD. They want the city council and the state to be transparent and forthcoming over the guidelines.
Taking TOD out of context – Metro News | The Star Online
- Feb 19, 2018 – MyPJ, a coalition of 200 residents groups, objects to the high plot ratios for TOD in Petaling Jaya. The group formed a petition called #TolakPjTOD last week, in which public signatures are being collected to object to high-rise developments in the city which have been approved by MBPJ usingTOD as an …
Make TOD Guidelines Public, Say Petaling Jaya Residents | Market …
- Feb 8, 2018 – With the rise of transit oriented developments (TOD), Petaling Jaya residents called on the state and the city council to be more transparent and forthcoming by making the guidelines for such developments available for public viewing. MyPJ representative Esham Salam said residents have a right to know …
MBPJ misusing development policy, claims Petaling Jaya residents …
- Feb 7, 2018 – PETALING JAYA: The Petaling Jaya City Council (MBPJ) has been accused of misusing its transit-oriented development (TOD) policy by allowing rampant development in areas surrounding public transport hubs in the city. The claim was made by a group of concerned residents calling themselves MyPJ, …
Residents’ group wants MBPJ to consult … – Malay Mail Online.
- Feb 7, 2018 – As an example, MyPJ taskforce leader Esham Salam said the council’s transit-
oriented development (TOD) policy is being misused. “We have launched the # TolakPjTOD campaign, in response to the lack of transparency in implementing TOD,” he said at a press conference today. TOD is an urban planning …
Community group MyPJ says MBPJ becoming less transparent in …
- Sep 21, 2017 – PETALING JAYA: MyPJ, a Petaling Jaya-based community group, is urging the Petaling Jaya City Council (MBPJ) to further engage the cityfolk in its budget preparation process by actively gathering input from them
14-September 2016 MyPJ Expectations of MBPJ Budget 2017 (Free Malaysia Today)
7-September 2016 – MyPJ comments on the dilapidated condition of Astaka Field (in response to Star article dated 6-September 2016)
9-July 2016 – MyPJ uniting for transparency
Stakeholder Meeting#1 – 18th June 2016
Press Conference #1 – 30 June 2016
Sort by: Newest | Oldest | Relevance
Deficit budget shows improvement
13 October 2015
Public’s needs and feedback reflected in MBPJ’s plans for 2016.
Creating an effective budget for the public
15 September 2015
MBPJ should institutionalise monitoring of funds and have residents serve on committee.
Selangor’s local authorities must come up with ways to work together with residents
1 September 2015
IT HAS been a long eventful Merdeka weekend, what with all the events happening — the Merdeka concert in Bukit Jalil Stadium, National Day parade at Dataran Merdeka and even the Bersih 4 rally.
Making Petaling Jaya a model city
14 July 2015
IT CANNOT be denied that a cloud of pessimism has descended upon the nation and the general public is experiencing hardship with the increased cost of living, the valuable time wasted on congested roads, and increasing intolerance resulting in mob violence in a shopping complex in Kuala Lumpur.
Towards a people-centric city council
23 June 2015
BUKIT Gasing assemblyman Rajiv Rishyakaran recently organised the Budget 2016 Preparation Dialogue in PJ Live Arts centre, which attracted about 40 participants